Now imagine yourself setting up a very portable telescope called the Meade LS-6 SC. Thanks to its new LightSwitch Technology, you simply turn it on and let it do the work. Inside a built-in Integrated Sensor Module (ISM) takes over the job and Global Positioning System (GPS) connects with overhead satellites to automatically recognize your telescope's position on Earth. Once this fix takes place, this means your telescope also understands the local time - without even looking at a watch! As silent as a cat on wheels, the Level North Technology (LNT) sensors take over and the Meade LS-6 seeks out two alignment stars and automatically begins charting out a "real time" night sky map in its memory banks for your own personal time and location.
But, the Meade 6" LS-6 SC Telescope doesn't stop there...
It's a marvelous experience to look through a telescope at a distant object - but nothing can match the experience of knowing things like how far, how fast, how hot, how high, etc. Thanks to The Astronomer-Inside, the Meade 6" f/10 LS-6 delivers like no other telescope on today's market can. Right at the telescope the user has the capabilities of a complete audio/visual library at their fingertips... just waiting to give you a full tour of the night sky. Thanks to a built-in speaker and video-out jack, the whole family can share in the fun! Just think of what a great outreach tool the Meade LS-6 can be...
But don't stop there, either... the Meade LS-6 has even more to offer...
Built on the foundation of Meade's classic Schmidt-Cassegrain optics in a size capable of revealing all the Messier objects and such a huge portion of the NGC catalog as to keep most observers happy for a lifetime, this telescope is going to offer outstanding planetary and lunar views at a professional level. What more could you ask? What's that you say? Eyes like a CCD camera? Then stop dreaming and take a look at tomorrow's technology... the built-in ECLIPS CCD Camera. Now you can take vibrant, high-resolution, low-noise images of objects right at the telescope and view them on the spot using the scope's video output function. What's more, you can also store them on an SD card for later modifications - or sharing! Just exactly what does that mean? Can you imagine sending Grandma an email with a picture of comet you just viewed? Or how about an image of Saturn? For those who really like challenges, a built-in CCD camera means you can push the Meade LS-6 beyond its visual limits by taking timed exposures of objects far fainter than the human eye can see - and revealing them right at the telescope before your eager eyes!
If this sounds like the telescope for you, then read on....
Meade LS-6 LightSwitch Telescope Features...
- Single arm fork Altitude-Azimuth (Alt-Az) mount provides rigid structure with large precision roller bearings on both axis designed to carry large OTAs.
- Precision worm gear drives with 4.875” main gears in both axis for smooth and accurate
tracking and slewing.
- Long fork arm length to allow clearance with the base for most cameras.
- Runs on internal “C” cell batteries for 3-5 hours of portable field operation with hand control holder built into base.
- Off-On LightSwitch and USB and other ports for accessory equipment.
- Heavy-duty stable tripod with quick attachment of the mount
- 6” SCT optical tube assembly (OTA) provides 6" clear aperture with 1524mm focal length for an f/10 system.
- Standard SC threaded back cell that accepts most existing accessories designed for all
Schmidt-Cassegrain models over the last 30 years.
- Integrated Sensor Module (ISM) with GPS and Level North Technologies (LNT).
- Electronically Controlled Locate Identify Position System (ECLIPS) CCD imaging module.
- Multimedia output includes professionally produced audio and video content for hundreds of objects and custom guided tours designed for your location, time and date.
- Multimedia presentations feature the voices of Sandy Woods of “Star Date” astronomy radio program and George Woods, Hollywood actor and the voice on many productions.
- Built-in speaker in drive base and audio out jack for audio instructions and object
- Video out for video presentations and images of many objects, instant display of images from
the ECLIPS imager and easy on-screen menu navigation.
- AutoStar III hand controller easily control telescope for automatic location of objects, tours and many other features including 100,000 object database.
- ECLIPS CCD Imager is an essential part of the LightSwitch alignment system.
- Sensitive wide-angle color 640x480 CCD imager for taking your own astrophotographs.
Save your photos on a SD card (user supplied).
- With a video monitor connected to the video out jack, see real-time images of the objects you
see in the eyepiece.
- New electronics provide full USB support for accessories like additional DSI CCD cameras.
- SD card slot for easy software upgrades and storing your astrophotographs.
Don't waste another night. Get your Meade 6" LS-6 SC Telescope at OPT now!